New Mexican Sculptor

My photo
New Mexico, United States
I'm living in New Mexico where I sculpt and paint. After a long absence from art, I am now creating smaller bronze figures. This blog is mainly devoted to that work.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Two New Bird WIPs

I don't know why, but I am fixated on birds at the moment. I started the Australian Pelican painting yesterday, and the Puffin a while ago. One thing I have learned about animal painting in the last few months is that the artist must know how to draw landscape background. Interaction between the animal and its environment creates the reality of the work. What they have in common is that they are both black and white birds. The graphic nature of black and white animals has always appealed to me.

 photo DSC00293_zpssygwfuu4.jpg

 photo DSC00299_zpsjllfhjmi.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment